The Waithmans owned the Merlin Park Estate, for a time.
This Estate was commandeered through Compulsory Purchase to build the Hospital of Today.
Wathman had another House - Murrough House of that Townland. South of that, there was a Pier at the Shore. It is this Pier and general vicinity, which was mentioned as a possible outlet for the Waters of Pollavulreen and the Sandy River.
- Murrough House (aka Murroogh) Coordinates; 53.270064 , -9.002908
- This structure is about half way between the Murrough Level Crossing and the Shoreline.
- Elevation of about 10 metres (?), there should have been a reasonable view across the Bay.
- It had a Back entrance for services
- A Gate House was just North.
- G.M.I.T. buys it around 2007
Coordinates of the Pier / Quay ; 53.268615 , -9.002409