- This Village is no longer obvious, due to the depopulation over the years.
- The 1842 maps will show it to a busier place than it is today, with houses and sheds in good concentrations.
- Two Mile Ditch is on the Tuam Road (N17).
- In the Irish Language, it is known as Cladh Dá Mhíle.
- About three miles, North East of Galway City.
- There are no modern housing estates.
- Businesses today include two Industrial Estates of Lyons and Casserly. Kph plant hire are here also. Roadstone, of course, is here for quite a while, and Clondalkin operated for a time in some sort of partnership.
- The nearest Village to the south west would be Parkmore Village.
- Two Mile Ditch is said to have got its name from a double wall, at that place which was two English Miles from the City of Galway (ref. M.Jo).
Those well-made Limestone Walls, on most sides of the Tuam Road, were built by the Galway County Council - early '60's, That task force included local Men.
- Directly west is the Townland of Cappanabornia.
- See, the Flood of 2009, in Two Mile Ditch.
- A few new Street Lights are added Tuam wards, in late 2015.
Map from 1840
Free maps and copyright available at http://www.galway.ie/en/Services/Library/1842OSMaps/
^Above, in the 1840's map, we can see the Quarry (still there) and a Trigl. /Trig. station / Triangulation Station marking 221 behind it. The road towards it, no longer exists while a likeness still does for part of it.
- Morohan and Hughes, a Builder Providers, which morphed into Mc Mahons ( 53.301111 ,-9.007159) , Map. . Now called Mc Mahon's Builder Providers, but likely to be C.P.O, 'ed, by either the Galway or City Council, to facilitate their dream for a Motorway through a place like this.
- Ted Murphy, the Great Hurler.
- Previously here - SLD Pumps, Lowry's Dismantlers and Donellly's Coal..
- Temporary Home to the famous John Donnellan, Bosco Mc Dermot, Galway Yoga Teacher , Creganna (yes, the Medical Device Company, had a presence here, in another sector.), the Rooneys, now of A.W.P.. and from Carrowbrowne
A Shop was here for a time.
providing Building materials in the 70's and 80's before such Merchants were common place.
See related reading on some local Families at http://www.irelandxo.com/group/athenry-galway/messages/mitchell-castlegar-galway-carrowkeel-kiltullagh-athenry
Around April the 20th, 2013, a speed camera related sign, is erected - the limit being established for some time, before - 50 kmh .
December 27th, 2013 - The Storm knocks a Tree near Roadstone.