The Trappers Inn Pub and Restaurant is located in the Parish of Castlegar, County Galway.
This premises has been owned since it was built, by the Jacksons and is on the left hand side of the Galway to Tuam Road (N17); about two miles from Eyre Square in Galway City.
- Coordinates; 53.288967 , -9.023565
- See a Flash Earth dynamic Map of this location, or a Google Map if you wish
- Known for years for its Darts and Golf teams.
- A fine Restaurant was added to the East of the Original pub and serves daily and evenings.
- About half a kilometre West from the Font Roundabout.
- The Trappers Bar was established over 40 years ago.
- One of a few, but expanding list of Castlegar Bars and Restaurants
- Surrounded on three sides by a large carpark, which can facilitate buses as well as cars.
- Famous for decades, to the punters of the Galway Races - the first venue between Ballybrit and the City.
- Famous too, for its convivial staff, like Kitty in the Restaurant- , and Corey Madden in the Bar - highly engaging and Professional.
- South of the Sandy River, visible from the rear of the property.
- Once, the local for the Crown Control, Digital, Potez, Nilands (Musgraves) and S.P.S. employees.
- Serving Mervue, Castlegar, Glenburren, Riverside and passing trade.
- Jackson's Restaurant transforms into a Set Dancing venue on Wednesday nights, for lessons and sessions (2010)
The Trapper's Inn - the Bar
- A Timber frame with a glass front, houses a Pike. The tag reveals that it is of 27 pound (lbs) weight, from Lough Mask and indicates the year of 1902. Locals suggest that it must be female Pike, due to its size, gender, and that of the species.
- October 2015 - Something known as a Octoberfest Beag, brings a large structure to the Carparrk that looks like a Tent but is more like a Building. However it was Advertised, one could meet People from America - the Online element, has some Merit.