Castlegar boast a number of Plaques and Monuments scattered throughout the Parish.
- At the entrance to the Graveyard on the Tuam road - there is a plaque to Stephen Cullinane.
- The Menlo Pier
- Saint Columba's Church and likewise for Saint Peter and Pauls
- The I.R.A. Civil War Memorial.
- Another Monument on Monument road in Menlo
- Read "Monuments of Interest", - featuring the Mass Rock in Ballybrit , Caiseal, etc. , - at the Galway Independent (broken link - file was at
At Ballybrit there is the remains of a ringfort; 53.292985 , -8.995464 which is South of the Racecourse near the dual carraigeway. See Dynamic map of this Fort.
In recent years, Connect Castlegar has seen to the task of installing Limestone Placenames - marking entrances to villages. The County Council and City Council have seen to others.