We have numerous graveyards in Castlegar County Galway, Ireland.
Please use the list below to follow the ones of interest to you;
- Menlo Graveyard
- Carrowbrowne Graveyard
- Killeen Cemetery
- Castlegar Townland Cemetery
- Graves of the clergy - See Castlegar Grott
- Another Graveyard, was in Wellpark - just North of the Redemptorist Building, near the current Monivea Road. There is a Road, there now.
- There is something like a Portal Tomb in Menlo.
- A Book, entitled "A record of seven graveyards in the Parish of Castlegar, Co. Galway", exists - see it on Amazon (new window).
You can download a KML. folder of some of these graveyards. Google Earth should start automatically, and you can play a tour >Tools >Play Tour
No longer in the Parish of Castlegar
- A housing estate was built around a graveyard in Terryland; the housing estate is known today as Cáisleán Heights. ( 53.287537 , -9.051603 , elevation; 45 feet or 13.716 metres ). Map in FlashEarth.
- Ancient one at Roscam - 53.263868 , -8.984239 ; elevation of 20 feet. May have been known locally as the Moor or Meur? (ref. J.J.C)
- Saint James's - Mervue