- Earlier spellings of this place, have it as Kilroghter.
- To the South is Ballindooley.
- West is Menlo
- North is Anglingham
- Eastwards is Carrowbrowne.
- In the English language, Killoughter means Coill Uachtair, or upper wood.
- Elevation; varies, but a typical value may be 98 feet (29.870 metres).
- Coordinates; 53.315063 , -9.041724 ,
- As it is difficult enough to define a Townland with a map, we will use a known point in the middle of it (based on the coordinates above). See dynamic Map for this place.
- Get an idea of who lived here with the 1911 Census.
- Compare it perhaps, with the Griffith Valuation of the 1850's
- bóthar na smaointe - See Mary Gardiners Facebook, for some great images of the locality and Families (new window).
- August 2014. John O Connell launches a Book on this Townland and his memories in it.
^Old map from the 1840's.
^ Aerial View, click image to open a dynamic map of Killoughter (53.31621 , -9.039793 )
Navigate this Village in Google Street View.