Connect Castlegar is a Group of individuals who are sucessfully attempting
- to preserve the Heritage of Castlegar, Galway,
- Improve local infrastructure
- Enhance safety.
- The Gathering, 2013
- 2011 - Slí Caisleán Gearr, Castlegar Way - making Boreens Walker - Friendly.
- Competing for the Pride of Place Award in Trim (13, Nov. 2010). Read more at the Galway Independent (sorry - they've removed the file).
- The Castlegar Boreen Festival 2010 . See the P.D.F. of intent (new window).
- Nominated for the Pride of Place 2010 Awards, 2010.
- Traffic Light installation, and road markings opposite Castlegar National School.
- The Boreen Festival.
- Instrumental in the compilation of the Collage.
- Exhibition of the Spellman Boreen Festival Artwork, to be hosted in City Hall on the 17th December 2009. The Mayor of Galway, Declan O Donnell is to be attendance. Beginning at 2.30 pm.
It’s the vision of a future with a community hall, sports facilities, footpaths, street lighting, social and arts events, nature walks-
in all, a vision which integrates the character of a rural area, with the infrastructure of a city,and includes everybody.
Contact Connect Castlegar
Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=90479037894 (new window)
^ The Committee at the Reception, in City Hall; Dee Goggins, Marie O’Donovan, Michelle Tully, and Anne Mc Cabe (Public Relations Officer for the group)
C/O Castlegar National School,
Phone. Number: 091 757362