We have a number of Churches in Castlegar. Please click on the links for specific information;
- Saint Columba 's - known as Castlegar Church
- Coolough - Saint Peter and Paul church serving the Menlo and Ballindooley areas
- The Good Shepherd - serving the communities in the Doughiska, Roscam and southern parish areas
- Ancient structure in the North West of Carrowbrowne?
- Potez, Mervue. Facilties used for a time.
- Read a News Letter from 1969
- Ruins of a Church in Roscam - 53.264160, -8.984759
- The Old Castlegar Church - Roughly 120 metres (400 feet) North of the Castlegar School yard. 53.302825 , -9.019212
- A house in Menlo, was used as a Church for a time, in the mid 1800's.
- A Chapel, now ruined, may be in the South of Ballintemple ?
- A Church is drawn on the Down Survery Project Map, in the Kiltullagh region, around 1670
Ballinfoyle, Renmore, and Mervue are no longer within the parish and now have their own venues.
Old Parish Priests, houses.
Cannon Hyland had a fine residence on the Tuam road, where Monaghan's Garage now stands.