There used to be a School in the Townland of Carrowbrowne, which is currently in the Parish of Castlegar, Galway.

  • This National School closed circa 1940, when Students and Teacher moved to The Castlegar National School.
  • The Teacher; Raftery, lived in Parkmore Village for some time.

The Memory of this School, has been re-kindled upon discovery of a Photograph, which "surfaced" during the Castlegar Gathering.