- "Radharc Na Neasgai", by Pagraig Small, Anglingham.
- "History of Castlegar Parish", by Father Lee, A.K.A. Padraic O Laoi. 216 pages. The Natives still have copies, if you can't find it elsewhere. (1996 - ish). Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN)
B0006FCB88. Check Amazon, but it appears to be out of print. - See an extract (unverified) at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Darcy .
- Castlegar Hurlers: Joe Connolly, John Connolly, Mick King. 22 pages. http://www.abebooks.co.uk/9781158549702/Castlegar-Hurlers-Joe-Connolly-John-1158549709/plp
- A Book, entitled "A record of seven graveyards in the Parish of Castlegar, Co. Galway", exists - see it on Amazon (new window).
- "The Moon on my Back" - Pat Tierney, a Man who lived in The Townland of Castlegar. Where would you get a Copy? Dunno, except that some of the Natives still have Copies. There is a post at http://liffeyside.blogspot.ie/2006/01/pat-tierney-remembered-who-out-there.html , about the Man.
- John O Connell - "Kiloughter of my Youth" - August 2014. A brief article and photo, are at http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/71491/kiloughter-long-ago . This Book is about John's experience in Killoughter.