Ballindooley Lake is South of the Galway to Headford road (N84), on the right.
Ballindooley Castle lies to the North and Ballygurrane to the East and is thought to have been connected to the water ways of the Corrib. Directly south is Cluain Riocard housing estate; 0.86 kilometre from the centre of the lake to the shops.
- Available fish species are Pike, Perch, Rudd and Tench.
- A Crannóg is still at this place.
- Elevation - 11 to 13 metres?. Maybe 8 Metres lower than the Castle.
- Coordinates for approximate centre of the Lake; 53.306104° , -9.027373° / 53° 18' 21.9738" , -9° 1' 38.5428".
- Its greatest width is approximately 320 metres or 1,054.5 feet. The greatest height is approx. 935.95 feet or 285.28 metres
Below is a sample photograph of a European Perch. The Ballindooley Perch may not look like this?
^ Rough Statistics;
Download K.m.l. (kmz) folder of Ballindooley Lake. Should open Google Earth automatically, if you have it.